tighten your belt

美 [ˈtaɪtn jʊr belt]英 [ˈtaɪtn jɔː(r) belt]
  • 网络勒紧裤腰带;你就不得不勒紧腰带;勒紧腰带;你就不得不勒紧腰带过日子;不得不勒紧裤腰带
tighten your belttighten your belt

These words all mean to keep money instead of spending it.以上各词均含存钱、攒钱之义。

to keep money instead of spending it, often in order to buy a particular thing常指为了买某物而攒钱、储蓄:

I'm saving for a new car.

我正攒钱想买辆新车。

to be careful about the amount of money you spend; to plan to spend an amount of money for a particular purpose指谨慎花钱、把…编入预算:

If we budget carefully we'll be able to afford the trip.

我们精打细算一点,就能够负担这次旅行。

to use less money, time, etc. than you normally use指节省、节约、节俭

( rather informal ) to spend less money because there is less available指勒紧腰带省吃俭用:

With the price increases, we are all having to tighten our belts.

由于物价上涨,我们都只好勒紧裤腰带了。

( rather informal ) to spend very little money on the things that you need to live, especially so that you can save it to spend on sth else尤指为了攒钱节衣缩食、省吃俭用:

They scrimped and saved to give the children a good education.

他们省吃俭用,为的是攒钱让孩子受到良好的教育。

  1. Why dont you tighten your belt a little ?

    那你平时干嘛不勒紧裤腰带呢?

  2. Work hard , hunker down , tighten your belt , and make a better life .

    努力工作、盘腿坐下、勒紧腰带、和改善生活。

  3. Clearly , if you are spending more than your income , you 'll need to tighten your belt .

    明摆着,要是你入不敷出,你就得省着点了。

  4. If you have less money than usual , you may have to tighten your belt .

    如果你的钱比平常小,你就需要系紧带子。

  5. You need to tighten your belt if you want to save enough money to buy your own house .

    如果想储够金钱购买自己的房子,你必须勒紧裤带,省吃俭用。

  6. If you want to salt away money , you 'll have to tighten your belt for " saving is getting " .

    如果你想存些钱,你就得节衣缩食,因为“节省钱就等于挣钱”。

  7. Now you are out of work , you 'll have to tighten your belt and give up buying new clothes and going out so often .

    你现在失去工作,应该勒紧裤头节约点,不要经常出去逛街,买衣服了。

  8. You 'll start to see patterns of unnecessary spending ( your morning Starbucks run , sushi takeout , etc. ) and areas where you can tighten your belt .

    你将会统计出不必要的消费模式,总结出你可以在哪些领域节省资金。

  9. Please fasten ( tighten ) your seat belt .

    请系好(紧)安全带。