事情
- thing;matter;business;fact;show;question;affair;marriage and funeral
-
(1) [affair;matter]∶人类生活中的一切活动和现象
-
我爱我母亲,特别是她勤劳一生,很多事情是值得我永远回忆的。--《回忆我的母亲》
-
(2) [fact]∶事实
-
曲尽事情,一无遗误
-
(3) [marriage and funeral]∶泛指婚丧大事
-
我见你带的扇套,还是那年东府里蓉大奶奶事情上做的。--《红楼梦》
-
记者们打探出了这件事情的所有细节。
Reporters nosed out all the details of the affair .
-
据说,她与整件事情毫无关系。
Evidently , she had nothing to do with the whole affair .
-
事情决不可能到此为止。
That was by no means the end of the matter .
-
事情落了这么个结局,我感到很难受。
I felt wretched about the way things had turned out .
-
事情的实质是工商业在萎缩。
The nub of the matter is that business is declining .
-
他们坚持要求说明事情的整个来龙去脉。
They insisted upon being given every detail of the case .
-
你真该看看她发现事情真相时脸上的表情!
You should have seen her face when she found out !
-
我们需要了解事情发生的确切时间。
We need to know the exact time the incident occurred .
-
我对事情的发展感到很满意。
I 'm happy with the way things have panned out .
-
女性似乎比男性更擅长同时做数件事情。
Women seem to be able to multitask better than men .
-
在我非做不可的事情当中,那事较不重要。
That comes a long way down my list of priorities .
-
我刚才正要问你同一件事情。
I was just about to ask you the same thing .
-
我想我们在事情办完之后都得痛快地喝一杯。
I think we could all use a drink after that !
-
她机械地说着话,仿佛在想着什么别的事情。
She spoke mechanically , as if thinking of something else .
-
突然,难以相信的事情发生了,他拔出了手枪。
Suddenly the unthinkable happened and he drew out a gun .
-
有许多事情我没把握。
There were a lot of things I was unsure about .
-
这笔钱用于较紧迫的事情也许会好些。
The money could be better spent on more urgent cases .
-
事情出了差错,她老有借口。
She is not short of excuses when things go wrong .
-
我们决不能允许那样的事情发生!决不能!
We will never allow that to happen ! No sir !
-
对于发生的事情,大家一致保持缄默。
There is a conspiracy of silence about what is happening .
-
她向警方详尽地叙述了所发生的事情。
She gave the police a full account of the incident .
-
她把事情的来龙去脉都告诉了我。
She told me the whole story from soup to nuts .
-
他耳边响起警钟,警告他别让这种事情发生。
A warning voice admonished him not to let this happen .
-
她不应该在你面前说这种事情。
She shouldn 't have said such things in your hearing .
-
这对我来说是最重要的事情。
It 's a matter of the greatest importance to me .
-
人们做事情就是不肯停下来想想后果。
People just don 't stop to think about the consequences .
-
这是我做过的最难的事情之一。
It was one of the hardest things I ever did .
-
事情不能就此了结——我想上告。
The matter cannot rest there ─ I intend to sue .
-
事情发生在4月24日和25日那个周末。
It happened on the weekend of 24 and 25 April .
-
事情终告了结,我很高兴。
I was glad when it was over and done with .