condone

美 [kənˈdoʊn]英 [kənˈdəʊn]
  • vt.宽恕;纵容;饶恕

过去式: condoned 现在分词: condoning 过去分词: condoned 第三人称单数: condones

condonecondone

verb

宽恕;饶恕;纵容
to accept behaviour that is morally wrong or to treat it as if it were not serious

Terrorism can never be condoned.

决不能容忍恐怖主义。

condone

频次

  • 1
    VERB 容忍,纵容(不道德行为)
    If someone condones behaviour that is morally wrong, they accept it and allow it to happen.

    I have never encouraged nor condoned violence...

    我从不煽动也不纵容暴力行为。

verb

1
excuse, overlook, or make allowances for;be lenient with
excuse someone's behavior
She condoned her husband's occasional infidelities
Synonym: excuse

数据来源:WordNet

  1. Many people might sympathize with and even condone my deception .

    有许多人也许会赞同甚至宽恕我的欺骗行为。

  2. People cannot condone the use of fierce violence .

    人们不能宽恕使用凶残的暴力。

  3. Terrorism can never be condoned .

    决不能容忍恐怖主义。

  4. I don 't condone violence in any shape or form

    我不能容忍任何形式的暴力。

  5. I have never encouraged nor condoned violence

    我从不煽动也不纵容暴力行为。

  6. I couldn 't condone what she was doing .

    我无法容忍她在做的事。

  7. I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war .

    我绝不允许任何导致战争的行为。

  8. I 'm not condoning what he did , all right ?

    我并不是宽恕他的所作所为,好吗

  9. When government condones evil , he insists , " the true place for a just man is a prison . "

    他坚持认为,当政府宽容罪恶时,“正直人的真正去处是监狱”

  10. A morality that condones such bloodshed is totally unacceptalbe to me .

    宽恕这种杀戮的道德是我完全不能接受的

  11. I don 't want people thinking I condone this face .

    我不想别人觉得我对不起这张脸。

  12. We should not condone the practice of saying one thing and doing another .

    这种说一套,做一套的做法,实在不可取。

  13. Supervision shall neither direct nor condone a violation of established standards .

    管理监督人员不能指示或宽容员工违反既定的标准。

  14. Less than half the countries in Africa condone dual citizenship .

    非洲只有不到一半的国家容忍双重国籍。

  15. I see . well , as your queen I absolutely cannot condone it .

    我明白了,作为女皇,我是绝对不能宽恕的。

  16. If someone does something wrong we cannot condone it we must disapprove .

    如果有些人做错了事,而我们也不能宽恕他,我们必须否定他的行为。

  17. The Philippines and Far Eastern countries do not condone online dating sites .

    菲律宾及远东国家反对网上交友配对网站。

  18. That at least could be understood if not condoned .

    如果是那样的话,至少可以理解,即使不能宽恕。

  19. I cannot condone the use of violence .

    我不能宽恕使用暴力。

  20. To forgive is not to condone the bad things our parents have done .

    要原谅不是赦免父母曾做过的坏事情。

  21. I don 't condone this practice though unless you are very skilled .

    我认为这并不可行,除非你技术娴熟。

  22. Some authors even have started condoning this laid-back approach .

    一些作者甚至开始宽恕这种懒散的作风。

  23. In this process evil things formerly accepted will not be so easily condoned .

    在这个过程中,以前得到认可的歪风邪气不会那么轻易地得到宽恕,

  24. I didn 't condone breaking federal laws to do it .

    我并没要你触犯联邦法。

  25. You don 't condone his wrong acts , you correct him .

    你不会宽恕他的错误,你要纠正他。

  26. Some say shareholders bear a responsibility for condoning behaviour that led to the financial crisis .

    有些人表示,股东对导致金融危机的宽容行为负有责任。

  27. He stated that he refused to condone wars which greedy men make against others .

    他说,他无法容忍贪婪的人所发动的侵害另一部分人的战争。

  28. I am sorry , I can no longer condone .

    对不起,我已不再能宽恕。

  29. No one wants to condone bad behaviour , but the consequences of failure can be dire .

    虽然国家不会放任银行的恶劣行为,但是更不愿看到灾难性的后果。

  30. We have never condoned and would never condone inappropriate behaviour by any of our people .

    我们从未姑息、也绝不会姑息我们的任何人员有不当行为。