envisage
- vt.设想;想象;展望
过去式: envisaged 现在分词: envisaging 过去分词: envisaged 第三人称单数: envisages
All these words mean to form an idea in your mind of what sb/sth might be like.以上各词均含想象、设想之义。
to form an idea in your mind of what sb/sth might be like指想象、设想:
The house was just as she had imagined it.
这房子正是她所想象的。
( especially BrE ) to imagine what will happen in the future指想象、设想、展望:
I don't envisage working with him again.
我想象不出再与他一起工作的可能。
( rather formal ) to form a picture of sb/sth in your mind指在脑海中构图、想象、构思:
Try to visualize him as an old man.
尽量设想他是一个老人。
to form a picture of sb/sth in your mind指在脑海中构图、想象:
We found it hard to picture him as the father of three kids.
我们很难想象他居然是三个孩子的父亲了。
Imagine is the most general of these words and is used for any idea that you form of how a person, place, thing or experience might look or feel. Visualize and picture are used particularly for imagining sth in a picture. They are very similar in meaning but visualize is slightly more formal and is often used for a deliberate attempt to imagine sth for a particular purpose. |
to imagine what a situation will be like in the future, especially a situation that you intend to work towards指展望、想象:
They envision an equal society, free from poverty and disease.
他们向往一个没有贫穷和疾病的平等社会。
-
I don 't envisage working with him again .
我想象不出再与他一起工作的可能。
-
It is increasingly difficult to envisage a peaceful transfer of power next time .
越来越难以想象下一次的权力移交还能够和平进行。
-
It is envisaged that the talks will take place in the spring .
谈判预期在春季举行。
-
What level of profit do you envisage ?
你预计会有什么样的利润水平?
-
I can 't envisage her coping with this job .
我无法设想她如何应付这个工作。
-
He had never envisaged spending the whole of his working life in that particular job
他从没有想象过自己整个职业生涯都要从事那个工作。
-
He envisages the possibility of establishing direct diplomatic relations in the future
他设想在未来可以建立直接的外交关系。
-
The brewers are still none the wiser about the shape the Government envisages for the industry
啤酒公司对政府对该行业的构想仍然不甚明了。
-
Personally , I envisage them staying together .
就我看来,我估计他们会呆在一起。
-
The bathroom has taken a lot longer to get right than either Elaine or Dennis had envisaged .
装修浴室花的时间远比伊莱恩和丹尼斯预想的要长。
-
I don 't envisage I will take an executive role , but rather become a consultant on merchandise and marketing .
我不设想自己将成为管理人员,但很希望成为商品营销顾问。
-
The architect looked at the plans and envisaged the finished house .
建筑师看着示意图,想象着竣工后的房子。
-
We must envisage realities .
我们必须面对现实。
-
When do you envisage being able to pay me back ?
你看你什么时候能还我钱?
-
The board envisages that there will be a high profit .
董事会预期将会获得高额利润。
-
The fourth part describes the administrative procedure law legislation envisaged .
第四部分,主要介绍了我国行政程序法的立法设想。
-
We had not envisaged that the situation would get so bad .
我们没有设想到局面会变得这么糟。
-
The paper reviews and envisages the development trend of carbon electrode .
本文对炭电极的发展方向做了回顾与展望。
-
There are many ways to envisage the relationship between film and literature .
电影与文学发生关系的途径有多种,但两者最直接、最紧密的联系来自于电影对文学作品的改编。
-
Improvement envisaged for cold charge treating method in Isa smelting process
云铜艾萨熔炼流程冷料处理方式的改进设想
-
The Comprehensive Feature and Envisaged Performance of Standardization of the New Generation Cars
新一代车辆标准化的综合性和前瞻性
-
The party envisages that socialism can come without civil war .
该党设想社会主义可以不经过内战而实现。
-
No one ever envisaged it being a cultural centre .
从未有人想过这里会变成一个文化中心。
-
Inspection Analysis and Envisage of Public Opinion Supervised Legislation in Our Country
我国舆论监督立法现状的考察分析和设想
-
Envisage The Development of Chinese Milk Industry
正视中国乳业的发展
-
When do you envisage being able to pay back the money ?
你设想何时能还清这笔钱?
-
Then I propose the follow-up concept of human assets envisaged .
提出了人力资产后续确认的概念设想。
-
2007 Envisages a Faster and Better Economic Development
2007:我国经济又好又快发展之年
-
Henry Ford envisaged an important future for the motor car .
亨利·福特为汽车设想了一个远大前程。
-
Envisages on Economic Coordination Sphere between China and Border Countries
关于中国与周边国家经济协作圈的构想