nor
- conj./adv.也没有;(用于肯定动词前,表示同意刚提及的否定命题)也不
- n.“或非”
adv.
也不
and not
She seemed neither surprised nor worried.
她似乎既不惊讶也不担心。
He wasn't there on Monday. Nor on Tuesday, for that matter.
他星期一没在那儿,星期二也一样,也不在。
Not a building nor a tree was left standing.
没有一栋房屋一棵树仍然站着没倒。
(用于肯定动词前,表示同意刚提及的否定命题)也不
used before a positive verb to agree with sth negative that has just been said
She doesn't like them and nor does Jeff.
她不喜欢他们,杰夫也不喜欢。
‘I'm not going.’ ‘Nor am I.’
“我不想去。”“我也不去。”
nor
-
1
CONJ-COORD-NEG (在否定句中用于 neither 之后以引出第二项或几项中的最后一项)也不,也没有
You use nor after 'neither' in order to introduce the second alternative or the last of a number of alternatives in a negative statement.Neither Mr Rose nor Mr Woodhead was available for comment yesterday...
昨天罗斯先生和伍德黑德先生都无暇发表意见。
-
2
CONJ-COORD-NEG (用于否定陈述后,表示该否定句也适用于自己、其他人或其他事物)也不,也没有
You use nor after a negative statement in order to indicate that the negative statement also applies to you or to someone or something else.'None of us has any idea how long we're going to be here.' — 'Nor do I.'...
“我们没有人知道要在这儿呆多久。”——“我也不知道。”
-
3
CONJ-COORD-NEG (用于否定句后,引出另一否定句补充前句)
You use nor after a negative statement in order to introduce another negative statement which adds information to the previous one.Cooking up a quick dish doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavour. Nor does fast food have to be junk food.
烹饪快餐并不意味着牺牲风味,快餐也不见得就一定是垃圾食品。
-
We don 't forget that . Nor does he
我们没有忘记那事,他也没有。
-
Marchers jeered at white passers-by , but there was no violence , nor any arrests
游行者奚落路过的白人,但没有发生暴力事件,也没有人被逮捕。
-
Not a building nor a tree was left standing .
没有一栋房屋一棵树仍然站着没倒。
-
She had neither the time nor the inclination to help them .
她既没有时间也不愿意帮助他们。
-
Their house is neither big nor small .
他们的房子不大也不小。
-
I couldn 't make head nor tail of what he was saying .
我弄不懂他在说些什么。
-
What might have happened is neither here nor there .
曾经发生过什么事已经都不重要了。
-
I don 't really trust him ─ nor his wife , come to that .
我不太信任他——说起信任,我也不信任他的妻子。
-
I haven 't seen hide nor hair of her for a month .
我有一个月没见过她了。
-
I neither knew nor cared what had happened to him .
我既不知道也不关心他出了什么事。
-
I was in that half-and-half land where you are not completely asleep nor completely awake .
我当时半睡半醒。
-
There was no physical contact , nor did I want any
没有身体接触,我也不想有任何接触。
-
He had neither the time nor the inclination to think of other things
他没有时间也不愿意去考虑其他事情。
-
I 'm not coming back up here . Never , for love nor money .
我不打算再回这里了,绝对不回了。
-
I couldn 't make head nor tail of the damn film .
这部该死的影片我一点儿都看不懂。
-
I can give you neither an opinion nor any advice
我既不能给你意见,也不能提供任何建议。
-
Nor is acid rain always , and universally , a bad thing .
酸雨也并非在任何情况下都是坏事。
-
He likes his tea neither too hot nor too cold
他想要杯不凉不热的茶。
-
Neither Anna nor I are interested in high finance .
安娜和我对巨额融资都不感兴趣。
-
In real life , nobody was all bad , nor , conversely , all good .
在现实生活中,没有彻头彻尾的坏人,相反地,也没有完完全全的好人。
-
Nor had the benefits of the war years touched all sectors of the population .
战争年代的救济金也没有惠及所有的人。
-
Consensus need not be weak , nor need it result in middle-of-the-road policies .
一致的意见不一定就没有影响力,也不一定就会导致走中间路线的政策。
-
Whether or not he realised the fact was neither here nor there .
他是否认识到事实真相无关紧要。
-
When we drew level , he neither slowed down nor accelerated .
当我们齐头并进时,他既没有慢下来也没有加速。
-
Neither Mr Rose nor Mr Woodhead was available for comment yesterday
昨天罗斯先生和伍德黑德先生都无暇发表意见。
-
He has neither the policies nor the personal charisma to inspire people .
他既无谋略又无个人魅力来鼓舞人。
-
Unfortunately , on Friday night he showed neither decency nor dignity
不幸的是,周五晚上他表现得既不得体,也不庄重。
-
' If my husband has no future , ' she said , ' then nor do my children . '
“如果我丈夫没有前途,”她说,“那我的孩子们也没有。”
-
They can neither read nor write , nor can they comprehend such concepts .
他们不会读,不会写,也理解不了这样的概念。
-
Neither the timber frame nor metal chassis were protected against rot.
木构架和金属底盘都没有采取防腐措施。