阁楼
- attic;loft;penthouse;garret
-
[loft;attic;garret] 屋顶层内的房间
-
但是他克服了恐惧,很快就到了阁楼上,他的瞭望所。--《火烧敌军司令部》
-
我把阁楼里所有的废旧杂物都清除干净了。
I 've cleared out all that old junk from the attic .
-
我们得踩着梯子才能爬到阁楼上去。
We need the steps to get into the attic .
-
阁楼上有很大的存贮空间。
There 's a lot of storage space in the loft .
-
我把阁楼里所有的废旧杂物都清除干净了。
I 've cleared out all that old junk in the attic .
-
这种想法是从我在阁楼里发现的一幅画得到启发的。
The idea evolved from a drawing I discovered in the attic .
-
我们想把阁楼改造成又一间卧室。
We would like to convert the loft into another bedroom
-
我把阁楼卧室改装成了工作室。
I outfitted an attic bedroom as a studio .
-
你要是打算改造阁楼,这些地址会派上用场。
If you 're converting your loft , these addresses will be useful .
-
将阁楼改造一下就可以使房子的价值大增。
A loft conversion can add considerably to the value of a house .
-
把阁楼改造一下,他们就可以多出两间卧室。
By converting the loft , they were able to have two extra bedrooms .
-
他小时候睡在阁楼上。
He slept in a loft as a boy .
-
阁楼上可以藏好多东西。
We can store a lot of things in the attic .
-
把这些书捆在一起,放到阁楼上去。
Pack these books together and put them in the attic .
-
他的旧书都积存在阁楼的箱子里。
His old textbooks are all stored in boxes in the attic .
-
把行李从阁楼上搬下来打包。
The baggage was brought from the attic for packing .
-
搭梯子可以上阁楼。
The loft can be accessed by a ladder .
-
那间阁楼里堆满了乱七八糟的旧东西。
The attic was full of junk .
-
我在阁楼上有好几箱旧衣服,真该都扔了。
I 've got boxes of old clothes in the attic , which I really should throw away .
-
他住在下曼哈顿的一间改建的阁楼里
He 's living in a converted loft in lower Manhattan .
-
他们把剩下的庄稼过了秤并贮藏在阁楼顶层。
They measured and lofted the remainder of the crop .
-
祖父的旧望远镜从阁楼上消失了。
Grandfather 's old telescope has disappeared from the loft4 .
-
我们能从楼梯脚边望到阁楼的内部。
We could see up into the loft from bottom of the stairs .
-
不过,这里面最浓的味道却是干草味儿,因为谷仓上面的大阁楼里总是堆满了干草。
But mostly it smelled of hay , for there was always hay in the great loft4 up overhead .
-
探长对一个只从楼上和阁楼偷东西的飞贼的行为感到惊讶。
The inspector5 was surprised by the exploits of a cat burglar who only stole from upper floors and attics6 .
-
不要去阁楼,因为阁楼没有逃生通道,可能会被困在里面。
Do not go into the attic7 , as it is possible to become trapped there without a way to escape .
-
这间阁楼差不多有十二尺长,最高的地方有将近五尺,屋顶从尖角的位置向下延伸开来逐渐变得宽阔,就像圆锥那样。
It is about twelve feet long , and its highest point is about five feet , and then it tapers2 down from the angle of the roof ...
-
然后,暖暖的散发着清香的干草会被卸进大阁楼,直到堆得整个谷仓看起来像无数的筒状草与苜蓿铺起的奇妙的大床一样。
Then the hay would be hoisted , sweet and warm , into the big loft , until the whole barn seemed like a wonderful bed of timothy and clover .
-
房子的天花板就像教堂上尖尖的屋顶一样从中间向边上倾斜,紧邻着我儿子的房间是一间阁楼,也是这所房子里面唯一的一间,位于厨房的上面。
The house has cathedral ceilings up and down , and the only attic1 space was in the adjoining wall from my son ’ s room , which is above the kitchen .
-
转天早上我又把头探进阁楼去看个究竟,当时我几乎尖叫出来…并不是因为我又看见了什么,而是因为我没有看见的东西。
That morning , I once again stuck my head in to the attic , and this time I almost screamed … Not from what I saw , but from what I did not see .
-
阁楼里面没有灯,于是我让乔纳森下楼去车库把最亮的手电筒拿来…他以一个十岁孩子最快的速度冲下楼去,不一会儿就回来了。
As there were no lights put into the space , I sent Jonathan back down to the garage to retrieve8 the most powerful flashlight I own … He raced down with the exuberance15 of a ten year old and was back moments later .