渺小
- tiny;insignificant;petty;paltry;negligible
-
(1) [tiny;petty]∶指非常微小或无关紧要,并且常指同类事物中相比时较卑贱
-
在巨人身边我们显得渺小
-
(2) [insignificant;negligible]∶微不足道的
-
个人的力量是渺小的
-
河伯顺着黄河来到了北海,朝东一望,望不见海的尽头,再看看自己才觉得自己很渺小。
Hero followed the Yellow River to the North Sea . Then he looked at himself and felt he could not see the bounds of the sea . Then he looked at himself and felt he was so tiny and insignificant .
-
新年伊始,NASA的哈勃太空望远镜拍到了一团旋转的星尘和气体,被称为螺旋星系ESO021-G004,捕捉到的图像令人震惊,提醒着我们地球其实是多么渺小和脆弱。
On the brink of a new year , NASA 's Hubble Space Telescope snapped a swirling mass of star dust and gas , known as spiral galaxy ESO 021-G004 , and the resulting image is so gob-smacking , it 's an instant reminder of how tiny and fragile our home really is .
-
当时我只是个从小镇出来的小女孩,自觉十分渺小。
I was just a young girl from a small town and I felt very unimportant .
-
看到此处气势如此恢宏,你可能会觉得自己很渺小。
You may feel dwarfed by the sheer scale of the place
-
它让我们意识到我们有多么渺小,我们的生命是何其短暂。
We are reminded just how small and how impermanent we are .
-
我相信数百万观众看了这个故事后都会感到自己的渺小。
I am sure millions of viewers were humbled by this story .
-
我们认识到在大千世界中我们极其渺小。
We realize that we are infinitely small within the scheme of things .
-
虾、蟹不过是大海中渺小的介虫罢了。
Shrimps and crabs are only small crustaceans in the ocean .
-
我感到我是多么渺小啊!
I feel what a nothing I am !
-
个人的力量是渺小的。
An individual 's strength is insignificant .
-
从非常现实的意义上说,光污染让我们看不到我们自身在宇宙中所处的实际位置,忘记我们人类在浩瀚的银河当中是多么地渺小。而银河只是我们头顶上方银河系中微不足道的一部分。
In a very real sense light pollution causes us to lose sight of our true place in the universe , to forget the scale of our being , which is best measured against the dimensions of a deep night with the Milky Way — the edge of our galaxy arching overhead .
-
无论你的工作看起来多么渺小,都千万不要小看它。
No matter how small your work seems to be , never look down upon it .
-
由此,我们可以看出伟大与渺小之间的差异。
Here we see the difference in outlook between great and small .
-
当你轻视他人时,真正渺小的其实是你自己。
When you belittle others , you are actually the one who appears small .
-
伴随IBM宣布一起出现的大张旗鼓造势(在技术迷中肯定如此)对于我们曾经历了那个“商业数字爆炸(发展)”黎明期的许多人来说忍不住会感觉像是一个渺小的讽刺。
The great fanfare ( among technology fans , in any event ) accompanying IBM 's announcement cannot but strike many of us who were there at the dawn of the commercial digital explosion as a small irony .
-
汤普生可能会从这场争斗中获得乐趣:他在BBC担任总裁时,曾公开抨击默多克(不受政府资助的)英国电视网络,称该网络扬言要将让其竞争对手“显得渺小”。
Mr Thompson may relish the fight : as boss of the BBC , he publicly criticised Mr Murdoch 's ( unsubsidised ) British television network for threatening to " dwarf " its rivals .
-
Antizen(蚁族)是指那些工资少得可怜、租住在狭小公寓里的大学毕业生。他们像蚂蚁一样渺小,辛劳。
" Antizen " referred to the group of college graduates who , earning a meager salary and living in small rented apartments , were like the tiny and laborious ants .
-
和唱歌比起来,名次太渺小了。
Compared to singing , ranking is not significant at all .
-
我感到不悦,渺小,和不安。
I feel very unhappy and make me small and uncomfortable .
-
没有一个男人希望自己很渺小。
And there 's no man who wants to feel small .
-
如果你想成就伟大,就不要有任何渺小思想。
If you would attain greatness , think no little thoughts .
-
透过如此渺小,如此脆弱的东西,却可以折射出如此强大的光芒
such a powerful flash from something so small and fragile ,
-
当任何人陷入绝望时,我们大家都会因此而变得渺小。
And all of us are diminished when any are hopeless .
-
蜜蜂是渺小的;蜜蜂却又多么高尚啊!
Though so small , there is something laudable about bees .
-
它在一个渺小的世界里,人类的世界
It is on a little world , a human world .
-
你们可能会觉得自己前所未有地渺小。
And you may feel smaller than you 've ever felt .
-
因为我们渺小,懦弱和无知。
For we are small , afraid and without knowledge .
-
它们是渺小、寒冷、许死气沉沉的世界。
They were small , cold , probably dead worlds .
-
让别人去过渺小的生活,而不是你。
Let others lead small lives , but not you .
-
悲伤,恐惧,渺小,孤独,美丽。
Sad , scared , small , alone , beautiful .