白费
- waste;in vain
-
[waste] 无意义地耗费
-
白费气力
-
这些会议完全是白费时间。
These meetings are a complete waste of time .
-
路子不对等于白费劲儿。
A wrong approach means a waste of effort .
-
他们最近努力想提高销售量,全是白费劲。
Their recent attempt to increase sales has been a dismal failure .
-
不用白费口舌了——你永远说服不了她。
Save your breath ─ you 'll never persuade her .
-
花在侦察上的时间是不会白费的。
Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted .
-
她力图保持和颜悦色的一切努力都白费了,于是她开始大喊大叫。
All her efforts to be polite went by the board and she started to shout .
-
我的呼吁白费了。
My appeal proved futile .
-
很明显她所有的抱怨都是白费口舌。
It became obvious that all her complaints were in vain .
-
我唱歌试图让他高兴起来,结果是白费力气。
I was singing in a vain effort to cheer him up .
-
如果迈克尔赢了,那我一直以来努力争取的一切都将白费。
If Michael won , he would undo everything I have fought for .
-
她的语气使他明白他是在白费口舌。
The tone of her voice told him he was wasting his breath .
-
哈里疑心波茨故意让他白费力气地瞎找一通。
Harry wondered if Potts had deliberately sent him on a wild goose chase .
-
研究人员很清楚,他们的很多时间和精力全都是白费。
Research workers are well aware that much of their time and effort is unproductive .
-
如果我们被迫把电影缩短1小时,那么他付出的许多努力就会白费,他的才华也将大半被淹没。
So much of his enormous effort and talent will go to waste if we are forced to drop one hour of the film
-
你可以一周7天、一天16小时地拼命劳作,但是如果产品质量低劣,你就白费时间了。
You can bust a gut sixteen hours a day , seven days a week , but if your product is lousy , you 've wasted your time .
-
试图解决争端的努力白费了,这让他很失望。
The fruitless attempt to settle the dispute disappointed him .
-
你不要白费心思。
You needn 't bother your head for nothing .
-
我的气力没有白费。
My efforts were not in vain .
-
我们的力气没有白费。
Our efforts were not in vain . ; We didn 't waste our energy .
-
我的一切辛苦都白费了。
All my trouble went for nothing .
-
他哭不得笑不得,一年的气力白费了。
He was at his wits ' end , having worked a year for nothing .
-
你跟他说这事是白费蜡。
Talking to him is simply a waste of your breath .
-
这不是白费钱吗?
Isn 't this a sheer waste of money ?
-
假如你不打算帮忙,我就不再对你白费口舌了。
I won 't waste another minute on you unless you 're going to help !
-
你这是白费唇舌。
You are wasting your breath .
-
他的努力都白费了。
His efforts were wasted .
-
我不在乎你怎么想,你省点力气,别白费口舌了!
I don 't care about what you think ; save your breath to cool your porridge !
-
我不在这里跟你白费口舌了,我知道你根本不打算帮助我们。
I 'll not waste my breath on you . I can see you are not going to help us at all .
-
该如何使用机器,我已经讲解了五次,但他仍然不会操作,简直是白费力气。
I 've tried five times to explain how to use the machine but he still cannot do it , I 'm just banging my head against a brick wall .
-
如果每个人都复印课本,作者和出版商的努力将完全白费。我无法想象!
The efforts of the writers and publishers will be totally wasted if everyone photocopies their textbooks . I cant imagine that !