指望
- expectation;expect;count on;hope;look to;depend;bank on;reckon;look forward to;look for help
-
(1) [count on;look for help;look to]∶盼望
-
指望在遇到疑难的时刻得到家庭的帮助
-
(2) [hope]∶指所盼望的事物
-
它不会指望美国证券交易委员会(SEC)来核实美林的偿付能力。
It does not look to the Securities and Exchange Commission to verify Merrill 's solvency .
-
新的日志记录功能的开发要指望将来的新算法与结构,也要仰仗以前的算法与结构,将JFS和XFS的功能结合起来。
Development of new journaling capabilities continues to look to the future at new algorithms and structures as well as to the past , where features of JFS and XFS are incorporated .
-
几乎没有人能指望一辈子都干一个工作。
Few people can count on having a job for life .
-
你不可能指望她无偿地做这事。
You can hardly expect her to do it for free .
-
我真不指望第一次就能合格。
I 'm not really expecting to pass first time .
-
我能指望你投我的票吗?
Can I rely on your support in the election ?
-
他们已经完全不指望她还活着了。
They had relinquished all hope that she was alive .
-
你休想指望我相信那种事!
You can 't honestly expect me to believe that !
-
我们不能指望这暖和的天气会持久。
We can 't count on this warm weather lasting .
-
我们不能指望这样好的天气会持久。
We can 't count on the good weather lasting .
-
我指望在火车上能找到吃的。
I was banking on getting something to eat on the train .
-
我们不能指望他们会乖乖地向我们认输。
We can 't expect them to just roll over for us .
-
我几乎不敢指望她会记得我。
I hardly dared to hope she 'd remember me .
-
人们没有指望这个报告会提供什么答案。
The report was not expected to provide any answers .
-
她等着的时候,就冷了心不指望了。
As she waited , she steeled herself for disappointment .
-
有的父母对孩子的指望不切实际。
Some parents have unrealistic expectations of their children .
-
我们原指望会有好天气。
We 'd reckoned on having good weather .
-
我们指望得到你的帮助。
We are looking to you for help .
-
如果一切都搞砸了,就别指望我来解救你。
Don 't expect me to bail you out if it all goes wrong .
-
不要指望受到优待。
Don 't expect to get preferential treatment .
-
不要指望在几个月内就能学会一门外语。
You can 't expect to learn a foreign language in a few months .
-
公平合理地讲,不可能指望他一下子归还全部借款。
He couldn 't reasonably be expected to pay back the loan all at once .
-
球迷都在指望新球员打出胜利之路。
The fans are looking to the new players to point the way to victory .
-
指望他们能够立即解决问题是不现实的。
It is unrealistic to expect them to be able to solve the problem immediately .
-
这些富家子弟指望一切都有人拱手送上。
These rich kids expect to have it all handed to them on a silver platter .
-
他又问了她一次,徒然指望着能说服她来。
He asked her again in the vain hope that he could persuade her to come .
-
她几乎毫无指望地等待他有一天会回到她的身边。
She waited in the forlorn hope that he would one day come back to her .
-
你不能指望我挥动一下魔杖,便一切又平安无事了。
You can 't expect me to just wave a wand and make everything all right again .
-
你要是指望我们借钱给你,你是走错庙门了。
You 're barking up the wrong tree if you 're expecting us to lend you any money .
-
公司不可能指望我立即搬家。
The company can 't expect me to move my home and family at the drop of a hat .