但是

dàn shì
  • however;only;still;yet;but
但是但是
但是 [dàn shì]
  • [but;yet;however] 用在后半句,表示转折的语气;可是

  • 虽然困难很多,但是他一点也不怕

  1. “但是为什么…?”她的声音细了下去。

    ' But why … ? ' Her voice tailed away .

  2. 我把问题重复了一遍,但是她仍没有回答。

    I repeated the question , but she didn 't answer .

  3. 政变虽然流产,但是不久以后政府便垮台了。

    The coup failed but the government fell shortly afterwards .

  4. 她说自己很快活,但是她的笑容很勉强。

    She said she was enjoying herself but her smile was forced .

  5. 我们及早到了那里,但是迈克已经离开了。

    We got there early but Mike had already left .

  6. 物价上涨了,但是工资并没有相应增加。

    Prices have risen but wages have not risen proportionately .

  7. 他请求她嫁给他,但是她回绝了。

    He asked her to marry him but she turned him down .

  8. 她钢琴弹得很自信,但是节奏掌握得不好。

    She played the piano confidently but her timing was not good .

  9. 我很想去,但是我要上班。

    I 'd love to come , only I have to work .

  10. 我们对结果感到失望,但是并未丧失信心。

    We 're disappointed by these results but we 're not downhearted .

  11. 尽管她已尽心竭力,但是仍然找不到工作。

    Despite her earnest efforts , she could not find a job .

  12. 她应该在8:30到这里,但是没有到。

    She was to be here at 8.30 but she didn 't arrive .

  13. 我向他们提出一个合理建议,但是他们断然拒绝了。

    I made them a reasonable offer but they turned it down flat .

  14. 我喜欢这部电影,但是觉得结尾很牵强。

    I enjoyed the movie but I thought the ending was very weak .

  15. 我敲了门,但是没有人应门。

    I knocked but there was no one around .

  16. 他试着跳舞,但是太笨拙,太别扭。

    He tried to dance , but he was too clumsy and awkward .

  17. 这本书篇幅太长,但是很有知识性和趣味性。

    The book is too long but , nonetheless , informative and entertaining .

  18. 他想顶嘴,但是忍住了。

    He wanted to answer back , but he forbore from doing so .

  19. 校长絮絮叨叨地谈着考试结果,但是谁也没有听进去。

    The principal waffled on about exam results but no one was listening .

  20. 我们虽然缓慢但是在稳步前进。

    We are making slow but steady progress .

  21. 这工作需要花费很大力气,但是值得。

    The job involves a lot of hard work but it 's worth it .

  22. 警察花了一天时间搜查他的办公室,但是没有发现什么情况。

    The police spent the day poking around in his office but found nothing .

  23. 我本不想移居国外,但是比尔把我给说服了。

    I didn 't want to move abroad but Bill talked me into it .

  24. 罢工不太可能,但是某种形式的不合作正在酝酿之中。

    A strike is unlikely , but some forms of non-cooperation are being considered .

  25. 这话听起来很有道理,但是你真正全面考虑过没有?

    That sounds fine in theory , but have you really thought it through ?

  26. 我这话可能多余,但是不投入更多资金,项目就难以为继。

    I may be stating the obvious but without more money the project cannot survive .

  27. 她要求别打扰她,但是摄影记者到处都跟着她。

    She 's asked to be left alone but the press photographers follow her everywhere .

  28. 我不是要多管闲事,但是他什么时候要离开呢?

    I don 't mean to stickybeak , but when is he going to leave ?

  29. 警察追踪抢劫犯到了机场,但是后来却失去了他们的踪迹。

    The police followed the robbers to the airport but then the trail went cold .

  30. 尽管我愿意帮忙,但是没有多少时间。

    While I am willing to help , I do not have much time available .