但是
- 连however;only;still;yet;but
-
[but;yet;however] 用在后半句,表示转折的语气;可是
-
虽然困难很多,但是他一点也不怕
-
“但是为什么…?”她的声音细了下去。
' But why … ? ' Her voice tailed away .
-
我把问题重复了一遍,但是她仍没有回答。
I repeated the question , but she didn 't answer .
-
政变虽然流产,但是不久以后政府便垮台了。
The coup failed but the government fell shortly afterwards .
-
她说自己很快活,但是她的笑容很勉强。
She said she was enjoying herself but her smile was forced .
-
我们及早到了那里,但是迈克已经离开了。
We got there early but Mike had already left .
-
物价上涨了,但是工资并没有相应增加。
Prices have risen but wages have not risen proportionately .
-
他请求她嫁给他,但是她回绝了。
He asked her to marry him but she turned him down .
-
她钢琴弹得很自信,但是节奏掌握得不好。
She played the piano confidently but her timing was not good .
-
我很想去,但是我要上班。
I 'd love to come , only I have to work .
-
我们对结果感到失望,但是并未丧失信心。
We 're disappointed by these results but we 're not downhearted .
-
尽管她已尽心竭力,但是仍然找不到工作。
Despite her earnest efforts , she could not find a job .
-
她应该在8:30到这里,但是没有到。
She was to be here at 8.30 but she didn 't arrive .
-
我向他们提出一个合理建议,但是他们断然拒绝了。
I made them a reasonable offer but they turned it down flat .
-
我喜欢这部电影,但是觉得结尾很牵强。
I enjoyed the movie but I thought the ending was very weak .
-
我敲了门,但是没有人应门。
I knocked but there was no one around .
-
他试着跳舞,但是太笨拙,太别扭。
He tried to dance , but he was too clumsy and awkward .
-
这本书篇幅太长,但是很有知识性和趣味性。
The book is too long but , nonetheless , informative and entertaining .
-
他想顶嘴,但是忍住了。
He wanted to answer back , but he forbore from doing so .
-
校长絮絮叨叨地谈着考试结果,但是谁也没有听进去。
The principal waffled on about exam results but no one was listening .
-
我们虽然缓慢但是在稳步前进。
We are making slow but steady progress .
-
这工作需要花费很大力气,但是值得。
The job involves a lot of hard work but it 's worth it .
-
警察花了一天时间搜查他的办公室,但是没有发现什么情况。
The police spent the day poking around in his office but found nothing .
-
我本不想移居国外,但是比尔把我给说服了。
I didn 't want to move abroad but Bill talked me into it .
-
罢工不太可能,但是某种形式的不合作正在酝酿之中。
A strike is unlikely , but some forms of non-cooperation are being considered .
-
这话听起来很有道理,但是你真正全面考虑过没有?
That sounds fine in theory , but have you really thought it through ?
-
我这话可能多余,但是不投入更多资金,项目就难以为继。
I may be stating the obvious but without more money the project cannot survive .
-
她要求别打扰她,但是摄影记者到处都跟着她。
She 's asked to be left alone but the press photographers follow her everywhere .
-
我不是要多管闲事,但是他什么时候要离开呢?
I don 't mean to stickybeak , but when is he going to leave ?
-
警察追踪抢劫犯到了机场,但是后来却失去了他们的踪迹。
The police followed the robbers to the airport but then the trail went cold .
-
尽管我愿意帮忙,但是没有多少时间。
While I am willing to help , I do not have much time available .